Saturday, April 17, 2010

I need to blog, I need to blog, I need to blog . . .

That is what I keep telling myself. I had one crazy, whirlwind of a March with a move and finally selling our house after it being on the market for over two years, no Internet for three weeks because of said move and then a huge project at work. OK, so that is my excuse for March, yet it is now mid-April. Thinking. . .thinking. . . thinking. . .yep, fresh out of excuses for April. Truthfully, I have been in a little bit of a funk and feeling unoriginal in my scrapping and thus in my designing. Scrapping is stress release for me so I continued to scrap despite my feelings. I finished this one particular layout that I wasn't feeling all that crazy about because I had this "have I done this before?" feeling but I posted it anyway. Imagine my suprise when the kit designer e-mailed me telling me how much she loved it. So apparently, it wasn't my scrapping that is the issue but my taste. :) After some more thought, I think maybe I just needed a change of pace. I have pretty much only been scrapping baby pictures of my daughter because I am trying to get her 300+ baby book done by the end of this year. So I opened up my nature albums I am working on and played around in the landscape one and actually created a layout I like. So, I am curious, have you ever found yourself in a scrapping rut? What do you do when you find yourself in this sitution?

I have a Facebook Fan Page now and a special offer for my blog readers. If you join my fan page and post a comment on my wall and answer the question above about how you get out of a scrapping rut by Saturday April 24, I will send you a GC for $5 to my store. (If you only fan the page and don't leave a comment, you will still get a GC for $3 but you have to do that by the end of this weekend).

OK, enough rambling . . .Here are a few things I have scrapped since my last post.




Leaves from French Quarter by Julie. It is., everything else from Prism by Julie. It is.



Happy creating!

No comments: