Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Computer Woes, Announcements, a Challenge and a Prize

MIA
Sorry I have been MIA - I have been having computer woes for the past couple of weeks. Just when I thought I had it fixed it turned out the problem was more than the bad drive the bios hard disk test was reporting so I am having to send my computer back to the manufacturer this week.

Speaking of MIA, did you see Anita of Anita Designs (aka Nana's Attic) is back ???? I am SO excited. I love her stuff and have been a little worried about her since we hadn't heard from her for a while.

I Won at Digiscrap 101

So unfortunately, I haven't really been able to scrap since both of my scrapping programs (Memory Mixer and PSE) are on the dysfunctional computer. But I may have a remedy for only having my scrapbooking software on one machine soon. I won a copy of Memory Mixer on Digital Scrapbooking Day over at Digiscrap101. Have you checked that site out yet? Think Facebook for scrapbookers. It is a growing site but has so much potential for learning and connecting with other scrappers. If you haven't been by there you really should take a look.

Anyhow, back to my free software, I was wanting to get another copy for one of my other machines anyway because I had been thinking about letting my son have a go at digi scrapbooking. (He isn't allowed to touch Mommy's computer.) But I also have been thinking about getting a copy for my friend for her 60th birthday in a couple of weeks. She has said a couple of times she would like to have it. So what should I do, what should I do. . . I won the lite version but she really doesn't have a lot of time for freebie hunting so maybe I will keep the lite version for myself and buy her the full version since it has all those great scrapping supplies with it. Decisions, Decisions . . .

I was selected for a Quickpage Team
A couple of weeks ago there was an add at DigishopTalk looking for some quickpage designers for a collab kit over at Pretty Scrappy. The kit, Sunset, was so gorgeous I couldn't pass it up. After I submitted my pages for their collection, they invited me to join their new Quickpage Team. In addition to designing quickpages for their monthly collabs, I get to pick kits from the store, make a quickpage from it and then I can give the quickpage away on my blog for one week before it goes in the store. So that means more freebies for you!

Want this gorgeous mini?
As I mentioned, I haven't been able to design any quickpages for you, but the wonderful Julie of Julie. It is. was kind enough to design a gorgeous mini kit for my Themed Quote Challenge over at Hummie's World this month.



And all you have to do get this beautiful mini kit is to create a layout using a quote with the theme of thanks/thankful/grateful. Find out more about the challenge and some other quote suggestions here.

Hope you had a great DSD and are having a scrap-filled week with all your new stuff you got on DSD.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Still makes me smile how sweet you to were to put this together. You rock!

I sure hope you are able to get past the computer woes soon.